Sunday, October 14, 2007

More dilating and effacing...

After my emotional waste of a day yesterday, I began experiencing loads of irregular contractions, low back pain, pelvic pressure, tingling "down there," indigestion and menstrual-type cramps again last night. More dilation? I also lost quite a bit more mucus so was probably effacing (cervix thinning out). Dorian was moving like crazy, much more so than usual - my mom said maybe he was staging. These symptoms lasted for a solid 4 hours before I fell asleep. This morning I am still experiencing menstrual-type cramps and low back pain. James will be back in about 16 hours. Let true labor begin! My mom and James have both forbidden me from walking today since walking can promote labor and decrease labor times by 30%. Even if I walk late afternoon, James still may not get back in time. Hopefully, I'll be so lucky as to have such a quick, easy labor!

2 comments:

CSom said...

Get that baby out! I told you October 14th was an excellent day to be born :-)

Anonymous said...

Monday at the earliest. I want James home and not racing up the freeway or stuck in an airport. Get back on that couch Kelly! California Grandmom