Thursday, December 6, 2007

Bottle blues and airline rant

Last night I tried to give Dorian 4 different bottles - I spent hours trying to give him the bottle. Obviously, if he got really hungry and screamed for more than a couple minutes, I fed him with my breast. Nothing worked. Then he did not sleep well last night - back to his up every 1-2 hour deal and very gassy. This morning, we woke up and I breastfed Dorian. We waited about 30 minutes (before he got too hungry) and then James tried the different bottles on him. No success. Screaming baby. Practically crying mother in the next room (it is AGONY to hear him cry). I have just about had it...we've tried everything!!! I am happy to continue breastfeeding full time, it just means I couldn't work in Half Moon Bay or go out on my own. We'll keep trying, but this is ridiculously challenging. It is such a drag to pump and then store and sanitize everything to then have him cry and refuse the bottle, I almost feel like, what's the point?

Then, get this!!!!!!! James called to confirm our seats with Virgin Atlantic this morning. We had booked the tickets back in May and had confirmed our bulkhead seats and baby bassinet at that time. Well, apparently, they did not save any of this information. We have to book the specific seats later today when we can check in online 24 hours before the flight. This is NOT what we were told in May - we had our seats confirmed! Plus, now they're telling us that they have no record of a baby and instead of him flying free like we were told, we have to shell out $400 for him! Plus, the bassinet which we were told hooks onto the wall in front of the bulkhead seat is actually a bassinet that you hold in your lap!!!! Can you believe this???? James just spent an hour on the phone back and forth to Travelocity and Virgin. We think it's more Travelocity's fault than Virgin's. This was added stress we did not need. Poor James has a million things to do and has to leave for work in 2 hours (and won't get back until 11pm). And we leave tomorrow morning! USE TRAVELOCITY WITH EXTREME CAUTION.

2 comments:

Momily said...

I am so sorry to hear about your last minute crazies. Have a wonderful trip, hopefully you can relax once you land in England.

... this too shall pass.

Anonymous said...

Oh geez....Like traveling isn't stressful enough without the travel "service" being a pain.

It'll be okay. In a month or so, this will be just another funny story :-)

I've got alot of those actually, it still amazes me that the stories can be funny. But in hindsight only lol