Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Growing up...

My name is Dorian, I am 4.5 months old and I can:

Play with my feet!
Roll onto my side (but not my stomach yet).
Sit in the bath in my new bath seat.
Sit in my new high chair (both the bath seat and high chair were from the White Elephant Sale, like new, and dirt cheap!)
Grab things very, very well!
Look at myself in the mirror (but I don't know it's me yet).
Squeal!!!!!!!!!
Stand up (I can pull myself up too!!!)
I still don't sleep very well. I slept much better in New Orleans and for a couple days after (must have been the wine my mama drank over there!), but now I am back to waking every 1-3 hours. My mama and daddy are so tired. They have even been making me do sleep training, complete with the dreaded "cry it out" technique (they were finally so exhausted and desperate for sleep, they thought they'd give it a try!), but it doesn't seem to be helping. I guess it is helping me with naps - my parental units are forcing me to take 3 naps a day (though I never nap for more than 30 minutes at a time). The sleep training doesn't seem to be helping my nighttime sleep at all. I eat rice cereal at night, take gas medicine, wear extra layers and have a full gentle routine before bed. Why can't I sleep? We see my doctor again tomorrow - maybe he'll have some more insight. Other than my sleep issues, I am a perfect baby. Don't you think???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dorian looks less like his daddy right now (although not like his mommy either). Dorian believes sleep irrelevant and cannot be convinced otherwise. Who will win the sleep battle? Place your bets. California Grandma

auntastasia said...

I love the attitude he has in his grabbing picture. It's as if he's saying "sleep is overrated, I am super baby and will sleep when I want" Hang in there Crockmama and Dad.

Anonymous said...

of course i think you are perfect dorian! i love you.

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. The squealing phase. So much fun that is. lol

Dori's growing to be a handsome boy indeed. :)

Carey said...

Great pics!!! What a cutie :)

On the whole sleep issue - do you guys swaddle? That seems to be one thing that keeps Hudson asleep, although Hudson's sleep habits change so often!!! And when I am really tired, I cave & put him to sleep (naps only) in his swing... he'll sleep for a good 2 hours! Although, I've read this isn't 'good' to do - but hey, sometimes Momma needs a break too!!