Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Daddy's Gone!

James has abandoned us. He is living the good life on the road, rock-star style. Playing lots of music and getting paid for it. Getting 21 nights of unbroken sleep (not that I'm counting them or anything). Drinking beer. Eating good food. Girls fawning all over him. Not having to change dirty diapers. So not fair! I want all that. Well, maybe not the girls fawning all over me part. But boys would be okay. ;)

Just for that, I'll post what I think is a very cute, candid shot of my two boys (taken yesterday, the day James left). I know James will hate this picture of himself though so that can be one of his punishments for leaving us.
Hey, who's looking at me???
I told James I'd try to post more blogs while he was away. He wanted me to be sure to send him lots of pictures, and it's just as easy for me to post them here as it is to email him. I may as well make everyone's day with pictures of the boy, right?

I took Dorian to my office for the first time in 2 months and he was a huge hit again...

With my fellow admin assistants and friends Emily, Dorana and Erika
With Dorana and another fellow admin assistant and office jester Kyle.
Dori and I visited my colleague and friend Anastasia at her house on Saturday. Annie introduced us to the Baby Loves Jazz series which Dorian LOVES. She also gave Dorian his super-cute Robeez Crocodile shoes (because he is Crockbaby - get it?) She and her husband John got Dorian to smile loads for the camera on Saturday. Here are some pictures of our visit.

Doesn't he look like a monkey here? His expression is so cute!
Talking with Annie.
More talking.
Standing boy, as usual.
Always eating something, quite often his hand!
Dori loves being tickled!
Dori is also very curious about dogs now. He pulls on their hair and doesn't mind when they lick his face. He does start crying when they bark though. I mean, serious crying. His face just turns into the saddest frown and he usually starts wailing really loudly right away (normally it takes a few minutes of crying to build up to the wail). It's very sweet. I need to get it on video.

I took these pictures of Dori last week in my headband. I know he looks very 80's, but once again, he looks cute in anything, doesn't he?


Dori is so close to sitting up on his own now. He can do it for maybe 10 seconds or so, but then he typically topples over. In the meantime, he loves sitting in his chair.
I love this picture. It really captures Dorian. While he smiles and laughs a lot now, he is often quite serious and reflective. He definitely takes everything in. As my Grandma says, "He doesn't miss a thing!" He also drools constantly. His shirts and bibs get drenched in drool.
Once again, serious, sitting-up boy - so much to learn on his playmat.
In other (minor) news, I purchased a jogging stroller on Craigslist this week-end and got a mani-pedi before James left on Monday. I had my eyes checked out last week and purchased new prescription glasses, hip sunglasses and contact lenses today. I am going to try to focus on me a little more. Does that sound shallow or selfish? Sorry if it does. I am tired of slugging it in track pants and baggy sweatshirts. It's time to make an effort again! Particularly if James is on tour surrounded by groupies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are some great pics you have!! dorian is getting so big, i can't believe it. and yes, you deserve to do some things for yourself. enjoy!

Anonymous said...

lol You don't sound jealous or anything about James getting sleep and everything. But, he also has to spend untold hours in the van...

Don't feel selfish; you need to take care of you before you can really take care of anyone else.

See ya in Auburn :-D

Anonymous said...

Dorian, we loved having you visit us. Not only are you adorable, but you are delicious when you spit up your milk. I'm sorry Nallah and I made you cry a little when we barked. We will try to be more quiet next time.

"dogs rule, kids drool"