Wednesday, April 23, 2008

home at last

After 3 weeks, 15 gigs and countless miles we made it back from our tour. Of course, I love playing with the band but towards the end I was really excited to see little D again. I've been checking the blog, phoning and emailing daily and it was starting to seem like he'd grown into a toddler in three weeks! By all accounts he was rolling over, happily lying on his stomach, crawling, saying 'mamma', growing blonde hair and suddenly too big for his clothes and diapers! I'm glad the tour wasn't longer or I might have missed his graduation.

So, when I did return I was so pleased that he looked and acted pretty much exactly as he had when I left. I was even happier that he remembered me. He smiled right at me when I walked through the door and when I took him from Kel he put his hands around my neck and gave me a kiss/ chin suck. My tickling-under-his-chin trick still made him giggle and as soon as I strummed the guitar he looked round and beamed. Bliss.

The main changes I notice are that he can flip himself over and he grabs at things with a real purpose now - toys, computers, chest hair.

Kelly did an amazing job of looking after him solo while I was away. She deserves a break and today she gets it! She's gone to work for the day and is leaving Dorian for by far the longest stretch yet : 11 hours! Kel - if you're reading this at work, Dorian just said 'Dada' and has learnt to moonwalk.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I left Dorian for 3 hours on Monday and when I returned, I got nothing. No smile, no kiss, no beaming. I guess we now know who the favorite parent is! I think I'm having a harder time with the separation today than Dorian is. I actually cried when I left this morning! Luckily for me, he's in the best hands (his moonwalking Dada's)!