Sunday, June 1, 2008

This close to throwing in the towel...

Well, Dori woke in a good mood but that quickly shifted. About 30 minutes later, he was back to Mr. Crankster. He refused to nap this morning. Screamed for 25 minutes, so I took him out of his crib and we did something else for an hour. He was exhausted. I put him back down later and he screamed for 25 minutes again. I decided to let him keep going. About 10 minutes later, he fell asleep. For 20 minutes. I let him cry for 15, then took him out. We went and did some errands. Came back and I put him down again. He screamed for about 30 minutes. Then he fell asleep for 22 minutes and woke up. He was napping better before we started this bullshit. This whole sleep training makes me feel awful. I feel like I am totally making him mistrust me and hate me. It is so hard for me to do this. I know that in the end it may (*may*) be worth it but in the meantime, I feel like I am breaking all trust and love he has for me. It would be okay if he were actually happy when we weren't doing it, but he seems so miserable. This is absolute torture. For both of us. Is it really worth it??????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dorian was a very happy boy late this afternoon: energetic and game for anything so he was not exhausted. He was also thrilled to see you. At some point he will have to sleep in his own bed and learn how to comfort himself and fall asleep on his own...only the three of you know when that time is right.

Kelly said...

He was exhausted. He fussed for most of the day. You probably just got some smiles from him because he hadn't seen you for a few days. Even you said yourself how he was tired and rubbing his eyes. He was not game for solid food at dinnertime and he screamed when we put him in the bath. I nursed him and we put him down at 5:30pm. He cried for a half hour, then I nursed him again and he fell asleep. So far, so good. Poor little boy.

Kelly said...

It was really nice to see how happy he was to see me when you came back into the room though! That makes me feel like he doesn't hate me as much as I think he does. This is so hard. I honestly think sleep training is the hardest thing I've ever done. Physically, I am absolutely exhausted. Emotionally, I am a wreck because the person I love most in this world won't stop crying. It's horrible.