Wednesday, August 27, 2008

genes

Dori has looked like me from day one and everyone comments on it. I heard a theory that newborns more resemble their fathers in order to reassure the dad the baby is theirs. The dad is more likely to stick around and, consequently, the baby more likely to survive and reproduce offspring with the same trait. (Sorry for evolution 101, but only 14% of Americans accept evolution! Don't get me started...)

Anyway, my parents have dug out some old pictures of me as a baby and toddler to compare and contrast. Recently, D has begun to look more like Kel so I'll find some early pics of her soon.

Fashion Warning! Please remember this was the seventies.

newborn

a little older

with my dad (Dori's Granta)

with Dad (during his Elvis period) and new arrival Hannah

with Han and Lamby (now one of Dor's toys)

annoying my sister

looking good!

camping (I remember this picture being taken)

4 comments:

Momily said...

There is quite a resemblance, especially in the second photo.

Y chromosome provider said...

In the second photo I'm the age Dor is now; in the subsequent pics I'm older. It'll be interesting to see if he gets his black hair back like I did.

BigCheese874 said...

Hey Jim, you've not managed to bring your radical evolution theory to the American conciousness then?!
As I remember even Kelly used to glaze over as soon as you mentioned cavemen and such.
I can totally see the "Crock" in Crockbaby, I look forward to seeing Kel's baby pics to check out the Brandli factor!

BigCheese874 said...

Hmm..
I see I am now under Rowan's name of "maxloopymooch", it's han by the way, I guess I'll have to get my own google name! Although Ro'd is pretty cool!