Monday, August 18, 2008

Laughter

Dorian has started laughing at so many things (when he's drugged up on Tylenol or Motrin and not feeling his toothy pegs). He has been laughing for months when we tickle him. But now all of sudden, he's laughing at random things. He couldn't stop laughing at my friend Erika's kittens playing on Saturday. I've never seen him laugh so hard.

Yesterday, my friend Erin and her boyfriend Ryan came over. Dorian loved Ryan. He interacted with Dorian in exactly the same way James does. Lots of gentle roughhousing and "rolly polly" games. Dorian thought it was so funny!

Then today, he's been very mischievous. He always tries to grab my glasses. He rarely succeeds. Well today, he was staring at me intently and then grabbed them all of sudden at lightning speed. He snatched them off my face and then started laughing hysterically.

Just now as I was feeding him in the kitchen, he grabbed the spoon from me, spilled the food everywhere and laughed like it was the funniest thing he'd ever done. When I laughed too, he laughed even harder.

These are the things that make all the sleep-deprivation work it. Keep up the charming, little Dori, keep it up. Maybe I won't put you up for adoption after all.

No comments: