Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sleep training again....

I started it last night as there is less than one week before James gets home and I start nursing school. I am doing modified sleep training (ie pulling him into bed eventually if it gets to be too much). Don't even tell me it's not consistent. You try caring for a baby on your own for a month with no sleep. You do what you have to do. He did fairly well last night...slept for 7 hours (woke up a couple times crying but not for too long). I then pulled him into bed, nursed him, he slept for 2 more, nursed, then slept for 2 more. Not bad. I'll take it! He's also been going down easier for naps the past few days and sleeping longer. Oh, please say he's getting it!!!

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Do people actually dare to criticize you on how you choose to raise your child? Pretty nervy, really :) You need to do whatever works for you to keep your life going smoothly! Dorian is a great kid and you are a great mom! Keep it up!

Kelly said...

You'd be amazed, Karyn! Other parents are really "nervy" as you put it. I wouldn't have believed it myself. People I know, people I meet on walks. It's just plain rude, I think. Thanks for your support. Last night was horrible. I don't know why I'm surprised. I keep getting optimistic and then BAM! I'm shut down again. I know we should just give it up and let him co-sleep if he wants. If I didn't have nursing school to get through, I would. I don't want to kill anyone from lack of sleep! There are too many factors involved here to let him continue to co-sleep. Our bed is too small, for one thing! So, we must persevere. It kills me. I hate "making" my boy cry.