Friday, January 2, 2009

Devon Gig

James played a gig tonight at his local pub, the Bridestowe White Hart. Well, I suppose it was more a jam than a gig. But it was still cool to feel like James had come all the way from his rock star life in San Francisco to his tiny home-village in England to play for his childhood friends and neighbors. I felt like the hip Californian wife watching my husband with our gorgeous child in tow. Sorry to sound full of myself and family, but it was a great feeling after all the fatigue this week. :)

My husband is so talented, it blows me away. I always forget because I hear him play all the time. But then I'll see a packed pub cheer for him (or a festival of 10,000!) and I remember how damn good he is. His family is incredible too. James played with his dad, uncle and two family friends. They were all amazing. Hannah, James' sister, came up and sang a couple songs too. That chick has a stunning voice - check out her band (and James' dad's band) here.

A good night was had by all. Dorian was such a charmer, smiling, dancing, listening to his Daddy play. He loved James' friend Ben (who is an awesome pianist) and kept wanting to sit on his lap. And, he even fell asleep at the end!!! WTF???? He won't sleep at home, the tiniest freaking noise wakes him up, but he'll sleep at a loud gig?????? I don't get it!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look awesome in the last pic and Dori looks adorable! Sorry to hear about the sleep thingy, but I feel your pain!!! :) Glad you are having fun!

-Becka (UCSB)