Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sleep

Remember all our sleep posts? We're still not sleeping here. He was doing a lot better, but regresses constantly. He really does have great weeks where he will sleep 12 hours a night! But there always seems to be regression after regression after regression and then a huge battle/challenge to get him back to sleeping through the night. (I know some regressions are normal, obviously, with growing bodies and constant changes - but this kid DEFINITELY has more regressions than any other child I know.) We are exhausted. I seriously think I might die today. But enough of the moaning. Sorry. I'm happy really, just so #$&*@#% tired.*

I just don't understand how at almost-3, he still doesn't sleep. I don't nurse him anymore. He's potty-trained. No medical issues. He sleeps in his room now. We have double curtains up on the windows. But he's back to waking crazy early!!!! And doesn't nap. Ever. So he gets these cranky spells in the afternoon, sometimes so horrendous that he'll throw temper tantrums on the floor of stores (ask my poor, poor dad!) And he ends up going to bed at 6pm most nights. He wakes at 5am (or earlier) regardless, so he MUST go to bed early so he can at least get 11 hours of sleep. Some nights he wakes during the night several times, usually the nights when James is on tour - lucky me.

We've tried everything, short of shipping him off to a specialized sleep camp (they must exist, surely?)...this kid just refuses to be a sleeper. I am so tired, so very, very tired. I can't wait to get a job. It's easier to be tired and go to work during the day, than to be tired and stay home with the very "thing" that makes you so tired, you know what I mean? Particularly when there are temper-tantrums involved.

I can't believe my kid is almost-3 and still doesn't sleep. This is the best birth control ever, I swear.

*Note: He is still the most perfect child to ever exist. Sleep is his only issue. But boy, does it seem to cloud everything some days!!!

No comments: