Thursday, August 12, 2010

Things Dorian Says...

August 4-12, 2010

*We got a glimpse into Dori's mind one morning this week. He was whining like crazy, shouting "no," you know, the usual toddler business. I pointed my finger at him and said, "Dorian, it is not okay to talk to Mama and Daddy like this." He responded, "This is like a game." Cheeky!!!!!

*Dorian started preschool this week. On his third day, I was going to take him for my first time. Over breakfast, I asked him if I could stay for circle time, or if I should just drop him off. He responded, "Just go, Mama, I'm a big boy now."

*We woke up one morning and Dorian said to me, "How about we let Daddy sleep? Let's close the door." Then, when James was awake, Dorian said, "Where's Daddy's coffee?" as I was making coffee for myself. Those boys are thick as thieves.

*Two hours into the Monterey Celtic Festival last weekend (James' band was playing), Dorian said, "I don't like this festival. It's boring and I'm cold," so he and I spent the rest of the day at our Salinas motel. All throughout the day, Dorian said, "I want to go home now," repeatedly and sullenly. He totally dissed his Scottish roots (and acted like a teen). Dorian and I headed back to Oakland a day early. What a wasted trip...I guess this was payback for all the trips my brother and I tried to ruin for my parents. Karma, eh?

*Yesterday, Dorian was looking at one of my bras and said, "Look, there's Mama's pretty boobie bra! Where's Dori's big boy bra?"

*Dorian said, "Look at my penis!" I said, "Yes, there's your penis. Does Mama have a penis?" Dorian responded, "No, Mama has a tail!"

2 comments:

Y chromosome provider said...

My favourite is still when Dori was singing a little nonsense song to himself. ME: "That's a nice song, did you make it up?" DORI: "No, Daddy. I made it up AND down"! Priceless.

Theses said...

Kids do really cute stuff.We can expect anything from them!