Thursday, April 5, 2007

We're still here...

No, I haven't given up on the blog after 1 week! It is spring break week for me from school so I am working 60 hours this week at the accounting firm (since taxes are due April 17). Spring break, woohoo!!! Add 1.5 hours of commute time and a lunch hour each day and it amounts to me leaving the house at 8am and returning around 8pm (Saturday too). Still, CrockBaby's savings continues to grow so I'm happy. I feel lucky and proud that over the past few years, James and I have been able to pay off our student loans and other debt and actually start saving for our family. All I want is for this baby to be loved and looked after properly. Jessica, who is by far the reigning commenting champion of this site, will be the head non-grandparental babysitter. Jessica is the first person I have hit it off with since moving back to the Bay Area almost 3 years ago. (What can I say? I am really choosy about who I spend my time with!) She is as excited as I was when Hannah was expecting Rowan. It's hard when you're young, love babies and children, but don't know many people who have babies yet. I remember; in fact, I am still experiencing this. So Auntie Jessie is going to be allowed to get her baby fix with CrockBaby as much as she wants. Provided we don't have to pay her. ;) Jess is a children's dance teacher so she can teach the baby all the right moves, something her/his mother certainly never learned, and definitely not something the father ever learned (though he would be sure to dispute this!) Anyway, I better go get some studying done as not only am I working crazy hours this week, I have 2 exams at school next week! AARRGGHH!!! I can do it. I know I can. It's all for CrockBaby's future. Thanks again for all the incredible support and kind words everyone keeps sharing with us! More pics and blogs to come next week, I promise! CrockDaddy the "Y chromosome provider" leaves for a 3 week East Coast tour on Monday so I will have to keep updating the site daily for him, even if no one else visits the site!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww...Kelly you nailed it!! I'm am so excited and will absolutely be there as much as you and James will let me. I'm still quite a few years away from my own babies. Plus when I start teaching dance fulltime in the fall it will only be about 30 hours a week. Love you guys!!