Sunday, April 8, 2007

Tax season finale week

Thank goodness tax season is over on April 17th. I will then be able to tell my bosses I am pregnant. I could tell them now, but I think it would be selfish of me to take some of their attention away from the almighty deadline. There is no reason my news can not wait for another week or so. Provided my stomach doesn't grow any bigger in the next week! At the moment I am wearing super-loose flowing tunic tops so I can try to hide the swelling bump. Last night I took BART (the subway) back to Oakland after working all day and then going to see the Killers in concert. The train was packed like sardines. A nice college-age man offered me his seat! Other people are now starting to notice that I'm showing (or maybe it was the fact that I was holding my stomach because people kept bumping into me and I am already an overprotective mother). Seriously though, my stomach has really popped out this week. I have put on a total of 4 pounds since conception and can feel that my uterus has extended past my pubic bones. It is so exciting to watch my stomach grow! Anyway, once again, I have major studying to do so I will say good-bye for now. Things will quiet down a bit for me with work and school in about 2 weeks at which point I plan to take some "me" time while James is on tour. I may splash out on a massage, take some longs walks in the sun, buy some cheap maternity tops, maybe even a baby onesie or two. I can't wait! Happy Easter!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetheart
Glad you're looking after our grandchild. Himalayas are very spiritual. You must bring him or her here some day.
Hope you're not missing James too much.
Love you loads.

Anonymous said...

Hope your managing to get some rest amongst all the business (and I meant that as busy-ness, not bizzness)!
It's great to catch up with how things are going for you. Keep on growin'! I remember wearing a scarf one day and Jim asking me if it was to hide my pregnancy. I wandered how my neck could give such a thing away. . . U think you can hide it for another week? Seems such a shame to hide something your so excited about, I bet you can't wait to blurt it out!! (The secret that is)
Love always
Han and da boys
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi there Kelly,
Auntie Jess has introduced me to your "blog". I read it from bottom to top......and cried a bit (tears of joy for you both). I'm glad I could make the suggestion about diapers......I loved it. You and James are going to be fantastic parents, your baby will be surrounded by love.
Oh yeah, James...please reconsider the name Randy...if you know what I mean.
Lots of love, your raviloli-making mate, Teri (Jess' mum)

Anonymous said...

my mom is cute!

Kelly said...

Jen - I would love to bring baby to the Himalayas! I hope this child is well-travelled. Glad you are having such a wonderful time! xxxxoooo

Han - That's funny; I remember James telling me about that! I can't wait to wear form-fitting tops that show off the pregnancy!!!

Teri - I am so glad you are visiting the blog. Thank you for raising such a wonderful daughter. I do love her. And thanks for the diaper suggestion! I will be posting more about that as it gets closer to the due date. I think everyone should use cloth diapers!

Jess - yeah, your mom's cute but then all moms are right? I can't wait to be called cute soon too. ;)

auntastasia said...

What is it about tax season and pregnancy? Crockmama, you are our fourth gal to be pregnant during tax season (first there was Amy, then Wendy, then Momily, now YOU!). Amazing that you were working part time and going to school full time. You rock! And that means CrockBaby will grow up to be a CROCKSTAR!

Kelly said...

CROCKSTAR!!! I like it. Very cool!