Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Baby Boom

There must be something in the air at the moment:

My friend and roommate from Manchester, Sam Dungey has just become a father for the first time. Claire gave birth to 7lb 2oz girl, Sophie, at the weekend.

Kath and Sean from Equation will have their hands full with twins later this summer.

I heard this week from James Hanlon (a great friend of mine since secondary school) that his wife, Sarah, is pregnant. When we're in the UK next I'll help him find the bloke responsible. I'm particularly gratified by the fact that Kelly and I beat their due date by 2 weeks. We're in the lead but I wouldn't put it past him to induce labour to beat us so all bets are still on.

It's either something in the air or, more likely, I've reached an age where clocks are ticking pretty loudly for my peers. And I thought I'd bought myself some extra time by marrying young! Anyway, congratulations to all these other parents-to-be; we're looking forward to swapping advice, pictures and anecdotes in the coming years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marrying young?? When I was your age, James, I was already a grandfather! (OK I know that's bollocks but you catch my drift.)

Y chromosome provider said...

I meant Kelly was young. She was a teenager when we met.

spamse said...

How big is the bump now? Has she overtaken yours James? :-)