Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Heartbeats and broken cameras

We heard the heartbeat yesterday. It was very anticlimactic after all our high-tech ultrasounds. I wanted a fifth ultrasound but they're making us wait until June 14th now. How mean - everyone else gets 5 ultrasounds by the 16th week, right? Still, of course it was lovely to hear CrockBaby's strong heartbeat. Everything went well in the check-up although my blood pressure has increased a little. Apparently it is nothing to worry about because my BP is normally so low (90/60). It is now 100/62. As there was no accompanying protein in my urine, I am not worried (honest, no hypochondria this time!) but I can't help but wonder why my BP has increased. I learned in my Human Anatomy course that blood pressure almost always decreases during pregnancy and increases in blood pressure can indicate preeclampsia.

Still no pictures as camera is still broken. James has been crazy busy since returning from tour on Monday and so have I. We're off to his band's festival on Friday so you'll most likely have to wait until next week for pictures. It's amazing I have been able to find time to post to this blog at all so I don't want to hear any whining from any of you, understand?

No comments: