Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Pregnancy Developments

This has to be quick as I am supposed to be studying for a Microbiology exam (ah, procrastination - I am so good at it!)

Recent developments in our world:

1. I am 25 weeks pregnant.
2. Dorian has really been moving like crazy, and his movements are getting stronger by the day. So much so that we can now see the movement on the outside of my belly as it happens. It looks like I am exhaling (when I'm not).
3. James sang to the baby while resting his head on my belly 2 nights ago. Apparently, Dorian either loved this or hated this because he kicked James in the face twice! It was hilarious.
4. My breasts started leaking this week. It is a clear to yellowish fluid called colostrum and may or may not increase up until (and obviously, after) the birth. A little weird, but as it's normal, I'll take it. I thought about posting some pictures on the blog, but then decided some might view this as obscene. I know you Brits wouldn't, but I have to remember half our readers are American and not used to "indecent" exposure of the boobies.
5. A couple people have asked me what the status is on my job with the accounting firm - I realized I forgot to update you all on this after I helped out with the big office move. I am working 10 hours a day on Fridays and Saturdays through August 4th (when my class is completed). I am commuting to Half Moon Bay, which is something I would not do if this were a full-time job. However, since I only have to commute twice a week, it's not too bad. My employers and I have not discussed my future after August 4th so stay tuned.

As tomorrow is July 4th, I'll leave you with a heartfelt "Happy Independence Day!" Whatever.

3 comments:

Momily said...

The leaky boobs hit you pretty early... it only gets worse!

Unknown said...

LMAO! Yeah, maybe the leaky boobs are not appropriate material to be viewing at work. Nonetheless I am intrigued...what strange things our bodies do.

Kelly said...

I know, it's amazing, isn't it? I am in complete awe of my pregnant body. I can not believe it's actually growing another human!!!