Friday, October 12, 2007

Have I really only been pregnant for 39 weeks?

I am soooooo bored. I miss working. I miss running. I miss drinking wine. I miss Brie cheese and luncheon meat. I miss my figure. I miss not peeing every 5 minutes. I miss James already (he left three hours ago). I am tired of people fussing over me and telling me not to reach for that or to slow down or should I really be walking 4 miles a day? Everyone has an opinion. I am so ready to have this baby and not be pregnant anymore. I'm tired of waiting. I want the baby already!!! Every woman who has ever been pregnant has said that the last couple of weeks of pregnancy are the worst. I thought they were exaggerating, but no, it is so true! I have loved being pregnant but it's time now. I want Dorian to hang on until Monday, but after that I am going to take 10 walks a day, chug hot sauce like it's beer and I'm back at UCSB, and jump on a trampoline if I have to get this baby out! However, I will not allow my doctor to strip my membranes - I am so glad she couldn't do this yesterday due to James being gone for the week-end. I came home and did some research on what this actually means and it goes against everything I want (for a natural childbirth). No way is she ripping the amniotic sac off my uterine wall!!! Does that sound natural to you???

I am going to go take a nap now - at least the boredom is forcing me to rest. I suppose that's a good thing.

No comments: