Thursday, February 21, 2008

Back home

We're back from New Orleans. We had a wonderful trip and will post pictures and an update sometime over the next few days.

Dorian is sleeping better for the most part. For the past week, he has been sleeping between 5-6 hours at the beginning of the night, followed by 1-3 hour stretches (but definitely more 2 hour stretches than 1 or 3 hour stretches). We only gave him rice cereal a couple nights in New Orleans, so the longer sleeps probably aren't down to the solid food. One night James and I decided to try to go on a brief date (in the hotel bar). Of course, THAT had to be the night he didn't do a long stretch and we had to go back to our frantically crying baby. Then last night, he woke every 1-2 hours throughout the entire night, but hopefully that was just because he was so excited to come home! I am not as exhausted as I was last week, but I am still pretty tired. Unfortunately, even though Dorian slept, I shared a room with 4 snorers!!!! Yes, even Dorian snores some nights. I am the lightest sleeper, even with ear plugs, so I didn't sleep very well. But I was so excited to finally see New Orleans so it was well worth it. Everyone should definitely go visit! But more on that later...I better go put some laundry on and then tackle some work.

By the way, this is our 100th posting on the blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome home and congrats on the 100th posting! glad you enjoyed new orleans, i'm anxious to hear all about it. hopefully you'll get into a routine now that you're home. love you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Good to hear you had a bit of a date, every little bit helps :-) Looking forward to more about the trip.