Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Strawberry Summary

We got rained out and left before the festival ended. My parents stayed but James and I weren't brave enough. It was pretty miserable. Wet and cold. And Dorian was getting over a bout of diarrhea. Not fun while camping. I felt so bad because my parents purchased the tickets and a tent for us a Christmas present and we were all so looking forward to the festival. It is a very special festival to James and I because it is where we hit it off 8 years ago! Plus, my mom is the California Bluegrass Association president and was dying to show Dorian off to all her friends. Oh well. At least we managed to make it up there at all!

We still managed to get some good pictures, of course.

Dorian helped drive up.
I love this picture. Mama and Dori.
My boy makes me laugh so much.
He decided the guitar case was a comfy spot to rest. It was the prime spot to sit and make faces at Daddy.
Dori wanted the mandolin.
He really wanted the mandolin.
And the guitar...he was crying because he couldn't have it at that second.
Finally! He got to play an instrument!
Daddy giving Dori a lesson.

2 comments:

Meng said...

re: the guitar case... Looks like Crockdaddy was busking and D. was put in there as a really big tip.

Anonymous said...

It was pretty wet and cold but Dorian was game to jam in the EZup tent with the propane heater. Dorian is a tough cookie and he was just warming up for the 33rd Annual Father's Day Festival in a couple of weeks. That boy is still choosing his instrument and I am certain will be enchanted with a banjo.
CA Grandma