Sunday, August 3, 2008

FIRST WORD!!!!

Dorian's first word is definitely "more!!!!!" I just took a walk with Dorian to go get a smoothie (my dad returned with the stroller in the car, woohoo!). I made sure to special order it so he could eat it (the ingredients included plain, unsweetened frozen yogurt, peaches and fresh mango juice). I gave him a couple bites. He loved it! I then had some. He started flapping his arms and making grunting noises and then he said "more" and opened his mouth. I said "More?" and gave him some. This happened 5 times (though by the 5th time he didn't bother flapping his arms or grunting). It is priceless...it sounds like "Moh." He looks way too little to be speaking. I'll try to get it on video at dinnertime (not that I can put it up on the blog - my laptop doesn't hook up to the video camera).

Anyway, on the walk home, Dori was eating a teething cracker in the stroller. He took it out of his mouth for awhile and was holding on to it. Then he said "More" and stuck it back in his mouth!!!!!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People, this is a 9.5 month old baby. Gifted, I tell you, gifted! AND he figured out how to crawl up the huge staircase in the hall the other day, and he can now do it quickly and easily. Time for baby gates!

5 comments:

Y chromosome provider said...

For all our talk of ordering Dor UK and Swiss passport, he is definitely American. It won't be long until he's saying, "hey ma, super-size me".

Kelly said...

Ha! I think it's hilarious that "more" is his first word too. But then, we've known how much he's loved his food since Day 1! :)

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha! i was thinking the same thing. only dorian's first word would be 'more.' what a crack up. little piglet.

Anonymous said...

Kelly's first word was 'Bob' for Bob the dog who belonged to good friends and loved her because she knew how to open the kibble and give him (and herself) little pieces.

Anonymous said...

kelly, that is amaing that your first word was bob. you must have really loved that dog. ha ha ha!