Monday, August 4, 2008

Let's take a vote...gifted or not?

Wow, oh wow. Dorian just continues to prove how smart he is as each day passes. Today? I took off his diaper for some naked booty time. He was diaper-free for about 45 minutes before deciding to take a crawl into the bathroom. I followed behind him and what should I see????? Dorian pulled himself up on the toilet (the lid is kept down a la baby proof fashion) and peed all over the base of it!!!!!!!!! He hadn't peed since his diaper had been off and the first thing he does when going into the bathroom is pee? With purpose. Tell me this isn't a gifted child. No seriously, I dare you. I have set up an (anonymous) poll to the left of this post.

Let's review the facts:

1. He's already talking and he's not even 10 months old.
2. He's ready to use the grown-up toilet. No more diapers. Though to be fair, he could have tried to lift the seat up. But then again, I guess he sees his Dad pee all over the base of it and just assumes that's how it's done.
3. He reads books happily on his own for a half hour or more at a time.
4. He is completely content finding things to do and amusing himself.
5. He diligently works on things; he's very task-oriented and determined.
6. He plays piano, mandolin, guitar and drums already. He sings too!
7. He is so close to walking and once again people, he's not even 10 months old!
8. He refuses to sleep...there's too much to learn!

There are a trillion other facts proving his "giftedness" (yes, I know, I'm not gifted), but I would clog up the internet (that's right, the whole internet) if I listed them all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well...you definitely have proud mama syndrome, but rightly so. Dorian is certainly one special boy, and so lucky to have parents who will allow him to thrive and reach the potential he is so clearly showing he has already. i hate to say it, but you two get all the credit ;)

Unknown said...

Definitly gifted, are you kidding me?! I totally think you're right that he won't sleep because he's too fascinated by what's around him. You and James should be very proud of him and yourselves :)

Anonymous said...

He's at least the 3rd most gifted boy in the world ;)
As for peeing with the toilet seat down, that's a proven sign of genius. I was saying this just last Saturday when at a gig I visited the portaloos after dark (and a few beers) and did the old ladies-loo-hovver. Wandering why I could hear running water, it didn't take me long to realise my mistake. Yes, wet feet is a sure sign of genius. I am a very proud auntie : )