Friday, April 24, 2009

18 Months Old

These pictures were taken on Dor's 18 month "birthday" in his new trendy hippie clothes. James goes on tour and the first thing I do is take Dori and I shopping! We both got new clothes (I worked overtime the last couple weeks of tax season and we got a big tax refund so I was able to justify it to myself). I just love buying clothes for Dorian because we don't do it very often. Hannah gives us a lot of hand-me-downs from Rowan and Joshy, and my mom loves to bring home an item or two of clothing every now and then. We also have bought a bag of clothes each year at the White Elephant Sale since Dorian was born (we spend like $15 for a massive garbage bag full of used clothes). But Dorian needed a swimsuit and I couldn't resist buying these cool hippie-style shorts, brown polo shirt (I love the chocolate browns on little boys!), and surfer top while we were out. And I got him to smile for the pictures too...guess how? He has learned to say "Cheese" for the camera and he thinks it's hilarious!









Note: If this weren't a picture of a child, I'd love for someone to photoshop a joint in D's hand - the expression on his face looks like he just took a big drag out of a joint and is holding it in (coupled with the position of his fingers, the hippie top, and just chilling on the sidewalk - it would make an awesome pic!)

1 comment:

Y chromosome provider said...

Keep the pictures coming. Great job on the new clothes, he looks very cute (and old!). I tried your photoshop idea briefly, but it just looked...wrong. Maybe if he wasn't my kid it would be funny but it felt a bit odd. See you soon :)