Monday, June 29, 2009

Art for art's sake

Dori had a wonderful time at the Museum of Children's Art (MOCHA) last week. When we walked in there were lots of kids painting, drawing, making crafts and sculpting. Firstly, Dori wanted to make a design using felt-tip pens and ink stamps.

The teacher shows Dori how to use the pen.



Normally, I'd praise him for eating his greens.

After half an hour of very careful drawing and stamping he made a lovely scroll to send to Nana. I helped him get enough ink on the stamps, but Dori chose which stamps to use and where they should go.

He enjoyed it so much, he wanted to do another.

Next was painting. Let's start with some bold, red lines.



Add some more colours, then have fun with a roller.

Dori repeated the names of the colours as I said them to him. Since then, he has been able to show me red, blue, green and yellow when asked.


The finished piece, to be framed and hung in his room:

Unfortunately, true art has no boundries.
Here's Dor the very next day...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! And any home with a child in residence isn't fully decorated until SOME part of it isn't covered in marker/crayon/pencil/etc.

Dorian does nice work :)

mvegan said...

He is so cute, and I love MOCHA, I used to be a teacher in schools for them ;0) Michele

Graham said...

Well he certainly doesn't get his artistic talent from me. He's already streets ahead of me in that department.