Monday, August 13, 2007

Dorian is a Mama's Boy

I went to the doctor for my bi-monthly check-up today. Dorian's heartbeat was strong and clear. My blood pressure was low and urine sample was negative. My uterus has grown the appropriate amount since the last visit, and the doctor was pleased with my weight gain. Imagine my shock when the doctor felt around my abdomen and told me that Dorian is already in proper birthing position!!! His head is above my pelvic area, his bottom is up near my diaphragm, and his legs are tucked under. I asked the doctor if he would continue to move into other positions. She said that more likely than not, he was there to stay. She said this happens in some pregnancies and does not mean pre-term labor is likely. She even checked my cervix and it is good and closed.

James and I were joking on the phone that he is obviously my son - he is a little planner already. James said he probably had it on his to-do list weeks ago! Seriously though, it does make me wonder, will Dorian be here sooner rather than later? As mentioned in my previous post, he could be born anywhere between 37-42 weeks. Does this mean he'll be born closer to the 37 week mark than the 42 week mark? I posted this question on an online pregnancy forum I belong to. So far, the responses seem to point this way (based on other women's experiences).

Let the betting begin!!!

Kelly

P.S. I have started feeling Dorian's hiccups this week - so cute!

1 comment:

Momily said...

My bet is for October 10th. 10-10-07, it has a nice ring to it!